Journal of Pharmacy And Bioallied Sciences
Journal of Pharmacy And Bioallied Sciences Login  | Users Online: 75  Print this pageEmail this pageSmall font sizeDefault font sizeIncrease font size 
    Home | About us | Editorial board | Search | Ahead of print | Current Issue | Past Issues | Instructions | Online submission


DENTAL SCIENCE - REVIEW ARTICLE
Year : 2015  |  Volume : 7  |  Issue : 5  |  Page : 167-170

Ameloblastoma


Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Sree Balaji Dental College and Hospitals, Bharath University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

Correspondence Address:
Dr. Sudha Manikkam
Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Sree Balaji Dental College and Hospitals, Bharath University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
India
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/0975-7406.155891

Rights and Permissions

Ameloblastoma is a benign odontogenic tumor generally present in the jaw bone. The tumor originates from the residual epithelium of the tooth germ, epithelium of odontogenic cysts stratified squamous epithelium and epithelium of the enamel organ. It represents approximately 1% of oral tumors. About 80% of ameloblastomas occur in the mandible mainly the third molar region and the remaining 20% in the upper jaw. Ameloblastoma clinically appears as an aggressive odontogenic tumor, often asymptomatic and slow-growing, with no evidence of swelling. This article deals with a complete review on ameloblastoma.


[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed3086    
    Printed70    
    Emailed3    
    PDF Downloaded122    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal